• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False sexual harrasement charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cindyc

This is a long story but I'll try to get to the point. My husband recently accepted a new job as area manager for a mortgage company. The former manager "Jay" was fired for illegal dealings. He is really a scumbag. Jay also used to work for my husband ("Bob). Jay's girlfriend "Rhoda" worked for my husband as well, and in fact she and Jay were carrying on an affair the entire while. Jay hates Bob for reasons I can't go into here and has a personal vendetta against him. In fact, he has sent me a harrassing, obscene letter that is so embarassingly vulgar and full of lies that I could barely read it. Anyway, Bob knew these two would be trouble when he accepted the job, but his boss reassured him that they'd deal with Rhoda. Jay now runs his own brokerage firm and rumor has it that Rhoda was funneling him leads from Bob's new office. So Bob changed the locks and only gave 3 employees the keys. (Not Rhoda). Last week, Rhoda trumped up some false sexual harrasement charges and God knows what other lies against Bob. She gave upper management and earful. My husband is furious, both because the accusations are false, and because this is a new job and she is trying to stir the pot and threaten his position and reputation. He knows what trouble this Rhoda is and has never even been alone in the same room with her, let alone sexually harrassed her. She and Jay are really out to get him. My husband has a slew of loyal employees from his old job who have followed him to this new place because they love working for him. He has never, ever had a complaint filed against him. Does he have any recourse? What kind of legal action can he take? Thank you so much.

A

Attorney_Replogle

He certainly does have legal recourse. Basically, in many states false charges of sexual harassment are themselves actionable. In other words, once your husband shows his company that the charges are false, then he can sue Rhoda for making the charges up. You and your husband need to immediatley consult with an employment law attorney near you. Not so much to plan on if, how and when to sue Rhoda, but to help organize and conduct your husband's defense to his company so that he can keep his job and go on with life. You can find an attorney near you at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">