• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wronged by a Car Salesman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Schoolgrl

I have to admit this is just for a school project here is the premise:
My classmates are the defendants in a case of being sued by someone who bought one of our automobiles. We told them the wrong mileage and made the car look great. They checked out thehistory by some means turns out the individual car salesman was lying (im not sure whether or not he or the entire comp knew the truth) we get to make up the details; documents ect. Whats your advice?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Advice about what? I know you are the defendants but that is all I know, pretty much. Your request is too vague. Try again.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

L

luke

I am assuming this is a used car. How was the wrong mileage reported? Did the salesman just fail to read the odometer correctly, or was the odometer incorrect?

If the odometer[the mileage meter] must be reset to zero, the actual mileage of the car at the time the odometer was reset must be afixed to the inside of the drivers door.

If the dealer bought the car and the mileage was misrepresented then, they may not be at fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">