• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmens comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

froglady2

i have been on workmens comp since feb,2000 i have to do the work of my lawyer. she said it is not her job to contact the doc or to get anything ok by workmens comp.she said i could go to work but the doc said no work until i see him cause i hurt my back on the job.i have not got know money since feb,2000. should i try to find a job? my lawyer has not done anything for me. should i a new lawyer? how do i find out how to make things go faster? is ther anything i can do? thank-you

B

buddy2bear

You can talk to another attorney so long as you inform that attorney that you have a lawyer but want to find a new one since you think that the one you have is not doing her job. The new attorney will tell you what you have to do to fire your old attorney and get your records and files. Make sure that the new attorney specializes in workers' comp. cases. If you do not know how to find one, call the local bar association listed in the telephone directory and ask them to recommend one or call workers' comp. and ask them for a list of attorneys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">