• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forgery & fraud - want justice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yongsyang

illinois
my father entered into a sublease contract to operate a drycleaners with Crook. He forced my dad to sign my mom's signature in his presence few years after the original lease had been signed. Now, he is claiming that my brother signed the lease also. It is not true. Crook is filing a suit against both my parents and my brother for deliquent payments (my parents stopped paying rent after they found out he had been overcharging monthly rent). We expected a suit against my parents eventually; they're prepared to file bankruptcy sooner or later. However, it was a shock to find out Crook would go so far to implicate as a guarantor by forging his signature. Crook has done this to many other families in the same manner that we know of. He takes advantage of Korean immigrants knowing full well they don't have the resources or the means to fight him in court; many koreans, including my parents, do not speak English and are not familiar with American business & legal system. we've been giving in until now but we no longer have that luxury. Thanks to Crook we lost our life savings including our house and now we might have to fight a legal battle without any resources. What can we do to not only save ourselves but to stop him from harming other innocent victims???

S

seanpenn

maybe this will be of some help...maybe not...i hope so,i am going thru a similiar experience...first:Is there a date on the new contract?(the same contract that has the forged signature?)If there is,try to remember(or create even) an alibi...where were you that day that it could NOT have possibly been you that signed the signature...maybe you were out of town,sick,out of the country,whatever...its a long shot i know,but maybe worth a try...secondly,and this has been a great help to me,Have you touched the new contract in any way...are your fingerprints on it,or your families prints?If not,then it stands to reason that you or your family could not have signed any agreement without leaving some type of prints.My guess is that you all have probably touched the document already since this time.Get an attorney.Since your parents dont speak or understand whats going on legally,then you could sue this "freak" for forgery,coersion,and theft.I think a judge or jury will sympathize with your family,especially since this "freak" hasd a long history of abusing foriegners and taking advantage of the weak.YOU have the power to prove it.Hang in there.Something will break if you hang in there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">