• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

last names

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

misbehavin70

my boyfriend has a child with a girl in pennsylvania, they have been trying to get child support from him. my question is: if she put her husband at the time on the childs birth certificate, and gave the boy his last name, doesn't that mean that he is the legal father? the courts had even ordered her to change the boys last name to her maiden name so the biolgical father still has some rights with him. she didn't do it. since then, she has divorced her husband , he got custody of they're child, and the boy still has his last name. how can they come after my boyfriend for child support when there is nothing that even says he has any legal claims to the boy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">