• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Three different names in family, want just one.

• Thread starter Christopher Filippi
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Christopher Filippi

I live in Syracuse, New York and I have a slight dilemma. While my wife and I were seperated my daughter was born and given my wife's maiden name. She was concieved while we were married. We are now back together. While we were seperated, I changed my name back to my birth father's name. I also have a step-daughter with my wife's maiden name. My problem is we want to have the same last name for everyone in the family, my wife has one last name, my daughters have another and I have yet a third. How do I goabout changing everyones name to my last name? Can my wife and I just get remarried? I know I have to adopt my step-daughter. But, what about my biological daughter? Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">