• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5 speeding tickets? what do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mtrumble

I have 5 speeding tickets on my cali DL. and im wondering how to get out of having my liscense suspended. Anyone know any tricks to get out of it? all 5 tickets are speeding. I took traffic school for the first one so now the last one I got is the 4th mark on my record which means your liscense gets suspended. all the tickets are within a 7 month period. and Im over 18. what do I do?

X

Xjudge

My advice: Buy a bus pass and when you get your license back, drive the speed limit.

M

mtrumble

Clever

Your so clever judge. I would like to note that
I went to traffic school and the teacher told the class
that driving 10mph over the speed limit would not
get us pulled over. well it did cause 3 of my tickets
are for 10 mph over. I've never gotten in a crash. I drive defensively, there is way more people on the road driving faster then me.

D

don62

Chances may be LESS for getting pulled over for speeding if it is only 10mph or less but it doesn't mean you won't. Just because somebody else is driving faster than you doesn't mean they will get the ticket and you won't. Bottom line is when you break the law, don't complain when you get caught. Speeding is reckless and you can't drive reckless and be a defensive driver.

M

mtrumble

I understand what you are saying but you simply cannot
say that without seeing me drive, everyone drives differently. And Im not sure if you read that all correctly. The TRAFFIC SCHOOL TEACHER is the one that told the class that 10mph over the limit is fine. Yet I still got tickets after that. And I do drive defensively. You don't have to be driving 10mph below the speed limit to be driving defensively. Alot of people are driving faster than me. So from now on can people stop critisizing my driving and give me some advice since thats what this message board is for. I'm wondering what I can do to keep my liscense from getting suspended.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

5 tickets in 7 months ?

You're a menace to Society. Good, your license should be suspended ! It should be yanked out of your hands for about 6 months to a year.

And, guess what ? Your "Driving School Teacher" is an idiot.

Does a Teacher write the laws ? NO.

Does a Teacher enforce the laws ? NO.

If you had any brains at all, you would have asked the "Teacher" for the authority being relied upon for the 10 mph "rule". Idiot, there is NONE. That was the Teacher's "opinion" and it was WRONG !

Try that excuse in front of a judge like you tried it here, and watch yourself get laughed out of court and right into Community Service, picking up trash along the highways. Also, tell your excuses and reasons for being a menace to the family you kill in an intersection.

I take it back. You're the idiot for getting the tickets, being a menace, and believing a Traffic School Teacher. Some teacher !

Have no fear. You're well on your way to having your license PERMANENTLY suspended - - for the rest of your life. And I'll be right there in the "Cheering Section" when that happens.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 07-06-2001 at 10:21 PM]

M

mtrumble

You people are insane. I know I sped and that I deserve the speeding tickets. Every single ticket. There is no excuse for that. The reason I am posting on this message board is for some help on keeping my liscense. Finally after 5 speeding tickets I have changed my ways. I know it makes me an idiot to have taken me 5 tickets to finally change but thats irrelevant to anyone here. I'm asking advice on how to keep my liscense. Any tips on what to say to a judge? anything I can do at all?

Miles

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Man, don't you get it ?

There is no magic bullet with a record like yours !

Get used to it. Big fines. Lots of court costs. Loss of your license for 6 months to a year. Community Service, about 200 hours worth.

Yeah, and we're the "insane ones" - - right.

IAAL

M

mtrumble

Looks like you all just come on here looking for
a target. But thats fine I would use people as
scapegoats also if I were...wait nevermind I would never do that. Anyways I learned from my many mistakes
finally and I do drive slower and more defensively
no thanks to anyone here. It sure is sad to see
so many negative people out there. If people were just
more positive and helpful then the world would
be a better place.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

No, no, no. You still don't get it !

We were "nice" to you; about as nice as any people could be when discussing a legal issue like yours. There is nothing "positive" to tell you about your situation. You're going down for the count this time. That's the plain truth. Sorry you don't like the truth.

And, another thing, you may have slowed down, but the fact remains it took 5 Citations for you to make that decision.
And that's because you have been "selfish".

"Selfish ? What does he mean by that ?"

Selfish because you took chances on the road that could have, and probably did, endanger the lives of others. But, you'll deny that until your dying day. Due to your age bracket, all you can see is "me, me, me". You haven't yet learned that there are other people on the road that are deserving of safe motoring, and not having their lives placed in danger by the selfish behavior you have shown.

Why do you think there are traffic laws anyway ? Just for the "other guy" ?

So, don't hand me, or anyone, that sob story, and "woe is me" attitude. I have tried to make you see the light and tell you the truth in a "tough love, tough crap" sort of way. If you don't care enough about your life, don't take your poor driving skills out on the rest of us. Think about the other guy now and again, and stop being so damned selfish. The roadways were not constructed just for you, you know !

It's too bad you won't realize the truth of any of this, and maintain your attitude of "denial" for many years, and tickets to come. Actually, you're at the maximum with the tickets. Any more, and your license gets yanked permanently.

Good luck in court. You're going to need it.

IAAL

M

mtrumble

Your stating things that you know nothing about
which is sad. There is no denial here, I admit I
drove to fast, the police know what is dangerous
and under there discretion I was driving dangerously,
that is why I got the tickets. For the larger part of
my life I hadn't got any tickets and then I recently got
these five. So I am now a different driver. If you don't
have any advice for the question I asked please don't
post your childish remarks and try to come off as
mature at the same time please.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Now, how did I know that you'd come back with that kind of a childish response ?

I told you that you were in denial, and that is now very evident, because YOU STILL believe there is "advice for the question I asked" when there isn't, and that there is, after 5 tickets, a Magic Wand that will make it all better.

You can't handle the truth, and the judge will see it.

IAAL

HomeGuru

mtrumble said:
Your stating things that you know nothing about
which is sad. There is no denial here, I admit I
drove to fast, the police know what is dangerous
and under there discretion I was driving dangerously,
that is why I got the tickets. For the larger part of
my life I hadn't got any tickets and then I recently got
these five. So I am now a different driver. If you don't
have any advice for the question I asked please don't
post your childish remarks and try to come off as
mature at the same time please.
My response: please change your user name to mtrouble.
Also please change your first name because soon you will not be driving any Miles.

M

mtrumble

You sure are a wierd one to waste
all this time to post irrelevant
material on this advice board. Hey if
thats what you like to do then so be it.
Anyways I recently found out that I am
eligible to get a restricted license
which will enable me to keep driving
but just at certain times that the judge
will allow me.. which of course will be
the time I commute to work. Well there is
my magic wand as you put it. Hey when you
open your eyes to the real world and actually
have some real advice why don't you post a
message.

HomeGuru

mtrumble said:
You sure are a wierd one to waste
all this time to post irrelevant
material on this advice board. Hey if
thats what you like to do then so be it.
Anyways I recently found out that I am
eligible to get a restricted license
which will enable me to keep driving
but just at certain times that the judge
will allow me.. which of course will be
the time I commute to work. Well there is
my magic wand as you put it. Hey when you
open your eyes to the real world and actually
have some real advice why don't you post a
message.
My response: Hahaha, I took your advice in the real world and posted this entire post as a message to some of my cronies in the Judges Chambers and Prosecutors Office in CA Traffic Courts.
Good day.

[Edited by HomeGuru on 07-10-2001 at 02:18 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">