• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright of newspapers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starter

Hi,
I was wondering about the legalities of providing news headlines from famous internet newspapers, through my website. So, visitors to my website can see all the headlines from CNN, and if they click on one of them, they will be linked to the actual news item in CNN's web site. If I explicitly state that the headlines are from CNN, would I still need to have written consent from CNN, and other newspapers inorder to put their headlines in my web page?

Thank You very much.

M

Marcia M

You'd probably be okay if you are operating a news site, and also it might be easier to get forgiveness that to get permission. Most sites appreciate the linkages, but you never know -- and if you do more than the headlines, that's more of a problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">