• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assult and Battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rshaw46

My fiance is an independant hauler for a lumber company. He is not employed by the lumber company itself. Friday, he was in the lumber yard picking up a load to be delivered. The forklift operator became upset with my fiance when he was told the load had to be redone because it would not haul safely. He jumped off the forklift and hit my fiance causing a concussion as well as many bruises and cuts and caused him to go unconcious for 15 minutes. We had a warrent put out on him and he has lost his job. That is all well and good but now what do we do about the hospital bills and lost wages and such? I would expect the man that hit him to skip town as I have heard he has a lenghthy past record of abuse and battery. Can we hold the lumber yard responsible? My fiance is just like any other customer there doing business and they knew this man had a history of such assults. We have a witness that was also beaten by this man right in front of the store manager but he was too afraid to press charges. Another question also. We have been told by the West Virginia state police that there is no such thing as a restraining order for this type of case. Only for male/female abuse. We are afraid of this man. What do we do now to get our bills paid for this injury and how do we protect ourselves? Thanks and sorry for the long post....Robin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">