• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelfire41

Texas: My husband of 26 yrs found out 2 yrs ago that he had a son. who is going on 27 yrs. we have develpoed a good relationship and had a DNA test done it came back 99.9 that he was his son. Now the son wants to change his name on the Birth Certificate. I called City Hall and I was adviced that the mother had to be there to sign along with the father. But the mother doesn't want to sign. Does this 26 yr old having DNA papers need to have his mother sign.

LegalBeagle

angelfire41 said:
Texas: My husband of 26 yrs found out 2 yrs ago that he had a son. who is going on 27 yrs. we have develpoed a good relationship and had a DNA test done it came back 99.9 that he was his son. Now the son wants to change his name on the Birth Certificate. I called City Hall and I was adviced that the mother had to be there to sign along with the father. But the mother doesn't want to sign. Does this 26 yr old having DNA papers need to have his mother sign.
Whom did you speak to at 'City Hall'?

Are you asking about the son changing his surname.. or to change the name of the listed father?

[Edited by LegalBeagle on 06-25-2001 at 09:06 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">