• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Paintball Field Question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jon34

Even though I am only a teenager, a few friends and myself are looking to open a paintball field in our area because of the lack of an official commercial field down where I live. We are wondering if there are any legal preoblems we will have to face about age, area, zoning, and what kind of insurrance we will need. Any ideas anybody?

Ironcross

hey im setting up a field myself on land im buying to work partly with my family's hotel & i was wondering if i could use a signed on spot disclaimer instead of insureance as insureance costs for paintball fields are far to high to even make some profit in the 1st few months unless i was starting off big, & i cant start of big as im buying the land to build it up slowly,
could some one with legal understanding make some comments or any advice

Also what would be the pro's/cons/liabilitys if say,

1. a persion is clearly badly hurt by there own actions and not by any safty hazard whilst playing paintball on my site & the signed the disclaimer & they verbaly agreed to it aswell as have a copy for themselvs? obviusly we provide medical asistance untill medics arive.
2. a persion is clearly badly hurt by another player and not by any safty hazard whilst playing paintball on my site & the signed the disclaimer & they verbaly agreed to it aswell as have a copy for themselvs? obviusly we provide medical asistance untill medics arive.
3. a persion is wounded by a unforcene Hazard on our site?
obviusly we provide medical asistance untill medics arive.
4. a persion is hurt by indirect action of one of the staff?

5. If some one takes legal action against the site after being hurt yet had fully agreed to the diclaimer?

6. If some one takes legal action after another visitor verbaly abuses another player?

(i wont hold any one acountable)

i'd like to point this out.

http://www.pballcentral.com/school/#safe

here is an extract from the above link.

"Like any other activity or sport, there is always the potential for injury. However, standard safety rules, and the proper use of industry developed and approved safety equipment have made paintball one of the safest participatory sports. In fact, insurance company statistics have shown that more people are hurt bowling and fishing than playing paintball. "

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">