• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boyfriend is 20

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lovliermissliz

my b/f just turned 20. im going to be 17 in a month. if we dont have sex, is it still illegal?

D

doker247

Depends on your state, but I don't believe so. You are over the age of 16, which means parental consent is no longer a factor. Besides dating someone, and having sexual conduct with them are two separate issues.

T

Third Party

Be more careful...

The age of consent varies from state to state. In fact, there are more states with the age of consent being 18 than you think... including CA. Post us where your state is...

To name a few that have 18 as the age of consent, they are...
Wisconsin
Virginia
Tennessee
Oregon
North Dakota
Arizona

A$$ Saver aka…
Disclaimer:
I hope this is tidbit of fiction is helpful. I am not an attorney. Do not perceive this as legal advice. You should consult an attorney to answer your questions. Do not rely on this advice. Forget you ever read it. You are not a client. I am not an attorney. This is merely babble in the wind. Never use the advice as reasoning in court.

T

Third Party

I don't recall dating being illegal. As far as anyone else is concerned, you could be friends. Sex is a different story...

A$$ Saver aka…
Disclaimer:
I hope this is tidbit of fiction is helpful. I am not an attorney. Do not perceive this as legal advice. You should consult an attorney to answer your questions. Do not rely on this advice. Forget you ever read it. You are not a client. I am not an attorney. This is merely babble in the wind. Never use the advice as reasoning in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">