• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spazzzmo

Extortion in the Big Apple

I currently live in Texas. I received a letter from Texas DOT stating I had a revolked license in Arizona (just renewed my TX license). I called AZ and they said they had no records on me(obviously). I called Texas DMV and they said it was a mistake.. but they had another hold on my license in New York. I called NY and they said I had 2 accidents without insurance, one in 1979 and 1 in 1980. I moved to Texas in mid 79' and never left. I did not even own a car in 1979 and definately lived in Texas in 1980. They (N.Y.)want 300.00 for each offense. They state maybe I sold a car and it was in an accident in NY. They had no other records on the accidents. What can I do other than pay 600.00? My Texas license will be revolked in 30 days unless the NY issue is cleared up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">