• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

partnership obligations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zztizz

Case involves an informal partnership among friends, total investment near 300k, my share about $50K I gave funds to friend in CA and he forwared to
NJ Investment now 3 years ago was a straightforward and very conservative
venture in investing in commodities in another country

We were all friends so short of the documentation of the cashiers checks made out to the corporation entrusted with dealing with the commodity exchange I have only the limited information that was sent to me.

It seems that the parter in New Jersey just made a innoncent but very poor decision in trusting the wrong person in the other country and waiting too long to initiate legal actions for misappropriation of funds. I finally received the documentation that the brokers in another country had been sending which it now seems clear was meant to deceive and delay legal action But while this was going on I was not
aware of the chain of poor decisions being made.

My concerns is that after 3 years it is becoming more and more difficult to contact partners and that if there are any funds recovered from
the other country I will be the last to know.

Is there any legal recourse I can take in New Jersey or CA to recover my investment share or at least ensure that my financial interests are represented if any funds are recoverd from the other country

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">