• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IN suspended liscense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crashtekken

I live in IN, work in OH and got 2 speeding tickets in KY. When I got the second, I also got a DUI. The judge in KY suspended my liscense in KY for 90 days and had me take a 20 hour alchol awareness class. Also I was fined for approximately $450. I paid the fines, and took the class. This was approx. 1 year ago. The KY clerk of the court said that I had completed all of my requirements. I misplaced my liscense and went to the DMV to get a duplicate and they told me that it was suspended. They said that when you have an IN liscense and get 2 tickets in a 12 month period (reguardless of where) that your liscense is suspended and to get it reinstated I need to take a defensive drivers course and get some kind of high risk insurance. I feel that I am being punished twice for the same violation. Is there anything that I can do? Also, shouldn't I have been notified when my liscense is suspended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">