• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong material delivered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wronged

I am a small exporter.My customer in Southeast Asia ordered a certain specific width/type of paper which I in turn bought from a trading company in US (CIF ) who shipped it directly overseas . It turned out that it was the wrong width/type of paper which my customer has no use for nor can he find a buyer for it.He wants the goods returned & compensated for (including the customs duties & freight forwarders charges paids).Total cost of goods is $13000 + the duties , handling charges for a total of around $34000. My supplier says it is too expensive to ship the goods back to him (true) & my customer should sell it off there & is not willing to compensate us & take the goods back. What legal rights do I have ? I cannot afford to lose my customer & think they should be compensated .What legal action would be best in this case?
Thanks in advance
Confused

ALawyer

This is one that you need your own lawyer to handle for you -- and sometimes a lawyer's letter may solve the problem.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">