• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

muga

i manage a restaurant in alabama, a company from georgia called me about a business ad they were supposed to send me a copy of an old paper with a ad and let me edit and revise it and then give me a price instead they sent papers with an ad in it and a bill for 199.00 i have refused to pay and they are threatening to take me to small claims court. on the bill i wrote pending approval and the main office did not approve it. i tld them this and they said we will see you in court. can they do this?

ALawyer

They can sue, but they have to prove it in court. I doubt they will -- it does not pay for $200 and sometimes out of state firms can't sue locally and if they do sue, you tell it to the judge. They'll probably send it to a collection agency. Report them to the Better Business Bureau.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">