• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They took our stuff ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dafny

I live in the state of Kansas, recently my father went to our storage shed to remove some family items, when he got there the room was empty. Apparently someone with a power of attorney form was looking for a "storage space" with the same last name....the first names were different the addresses were different in fact the people who removed our belongings went to the wrong storage company and just lucked out that there was someone listed with the same last name. The person working that shift went and cut the lock from out storage and the people removed everything. The people who took the stuff didn't know the person who's property they were getting so probably didn't even realize they had done it. They took our belongings throwing some away selling the rest. Some of the items were original auto parts for an antique car that can't be replaced. So my question is I know the storage company is liable but how do you put a fee on items that are not replacable? The owner of the storage company said he would reimburse us for our loss so how do you determine an amount....sue for stupidity?

Thanks
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">