• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get visitation rights to see my mother?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jesca3000

ALABAMA
My mother moved to alabama 5 years ago to live with her 80 year old sister, she used to write and call regularly. but in the past year or i have recieved very few calls or letters from her, her health has failed since she moved in with her sister. they both are over 80 years old and live by themselves. when i call my aunt hangs up the phone and will not allow me to speak with my mother.i am worried that my mother is being mentally if not physically abused or held against her will. my aunt had a nervous breakdown years ago and may be mentally ill.
what can i do to get visitation rights so i can get my mother the care she deserves?

G

Grandma B

Try contacting the local law enforcement where your mother is living, either in person or by phone. Explain the situation and see whether they can check on your mother for you. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">