• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

estate security prior to parent's death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TMBAND

both of my parents (divorced), ages 53 & 63, live in california. they are both extremely wealthy (millions) and my only brother (27) and i (25), both living in california as well, are the primary beneficiaries in their wills. my relationship with them is good but they have refused to assist me financially since i was 18.

i am starting my own business and having trouble getting a loan.
my question:
does my parents' estates entitle me to any kind of security while they are alive?
can it serve as a form of co-signature for a loan?
does it do anything for me prior to their death?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

None. Until their death, you are a pauper. The only time you're entitled to any money whatsoever, or any "credit" based upon their Estate, is when you're named in the Will as a Beneficiary - - and this, only if you are not a "Pretermitted Heir". If you are, then brother dearest, and the Charities, get everything.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">