• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice For Internet Site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

web_builder

I have an internet auction site that was created for a class project in Computer Science. I want to take the site live after the class is over, just to see if I can build a web business.

Question 1) Do I have to incorporate or form a partnership or something for this site, even if I do not want to make money from it? Do I have to register as a non-profit organization?

Question 2) How do I protect myself from legal liability from bad auctions by my users i.e. a user who sells defective goods or illegal items. Is a legal disclaimer enough? How do I get a legal disclaimer specific for my business?

M

Moe from MO

You do not have to incorporate but that is a way to protect yourself from personal liability. Liability can arise from lots of things. Read the stuff in Business Law on FreeAdvice.com about corporations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">