• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can someone recover a product with their label?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abbey

I am in the business of making custom candy bar wrappings in N. Carolina and was told that it is legal to recover Hershey and Life Saver products because they advertise directly on their product. However, I have been asked to recover champagne bottles with a custom label and I am wondering if I can legally do that? I have seen a competitors web site and they do this, I'm just wondering if anyone knows legally how?

[This message has been edited by abbey (edited March 12, 2000).]

M

Moe in MO

The US Constitution gives power to regulate alcohol to the states and easch state may have its own stupid laws. But as to the candy bars, if you buy them they own them and creating a custom wrapper covering them should not be a legal problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">