• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

denial of a refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adscorpio

My problem is this: I purchased a hard drive from someone on e-bay. It was, in my opinion, damaged in transit due to inferior packaging (though it may have been a dud from the get-go). I contacted the seller who said to send back the drive and a 'shipping charge' and he would test it and send out another if it was bad. The original charge for shipping (per the auction) was $19, which I felt was rather high but expected some good packaging/shipping (which was not the case). When I sent the drive back I sent along $5 to cover shipping me a new one. The price paid for the original package through USPS was $3.55. I was told by the seller that it would require $19 again to ship me a new drive. I do not feel that I should send him this amount when he is obviously not spending it on shipping. I told him that if he felt the $5 was not enough to just send me my money back. Thus far he has refused to send either a drive or my money. Do I have any recourse for recovering my money? He lives in Arizona and I live in California, and so far as I can tell he runs a business there.

M

Moe in MO

Complain to eBay. They have dispute resolution services. And please don't waste lawyers' or visiotrs' time with questions about $10.

A

adscorpio

Acutally the amount in question is close to $200. I want the money I sent him for the drive not the shipping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">