• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Physical abuse at work...do I have recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bellemarshall

I work as a certified nurses' assitant at a nursing home in eastern Tennessee. I have worked there for 3 months. On my rounds, I must take care of an old gentleman who is very abusive, both physically and mentally. I have been pinched so hard that it leaves a black welt, I've been slapped, yelled at, bitten, and most recently, punched in the nose (which gave me a bloody nose). I have asked my supervisor and the home's director to be reassigned and have been turned down. I've begged for this man to be restrained, again, I was turned down.

I *need* this job! I dread going to work now. The administration doesn't seem to care about the well-being of their staff, only the paying residents get any respect. Should I consider this a normal part of the job? Do I have any legal recourse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">