• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

treysmom

My mother-in-law passed away recently, leaving my husband (age 24) and his brother & sister (ages 11 & 16). She left custody of the younger two children to their uncle, and in the event he wasn't able to care for them, custody goes to my husband (per her will). Their dad had his parental rights taken away several years ago. The uncle's work schedule will not allow him to care for the children so my husband and I have both children. My brother-in-law spent a great deal of time with a neighbor before my mother-in-law passed away. This lady has taken him on vacations and cared for him like he was her own. The uncle has suggested that we place the children with the neighbor. We like the lady, but worry because she is divorced. She has a son about the same age as my brother-in-law. As mentioned earlier, the uncle has custody as per my mother-in-law's will. Can he give his consent for the children to live with the neighbor without consulting us or does my husband have a say in this matter? This is taking place in WV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">