• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statuatory rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kittybaby

a guy i know is 20 and his g/f is 15..can he get charged with statuatory from the state...his g/f's mother doesn't care that they are having sex...but also which state laws would apply for the guy lives in IOWA and the girl lives in MISSISSIPPI where she attends school...but they are only together in iowa for the guy doesn't go to mississippi...please reply as soon as possible...
also can anyone possibly tell me the statuatory rape laws for iowa..thanx

T

Third Party

Iowa = lowest age of consent

Wow, you are actually lucky to be in Iowa. In Iowa w/ the consent of the parent, the age of consent is only 14. Without the consent of the parent, the age is 18.

Don't go to Mississippi though, the age there is 16.

Have fun! :)

A$$ Saver aka…
Disclaimer:
I hope this is tidbit of fiction is helpful. I am not an attorney. Do not perceive this as legal advice. You should consult an attorney to answer your questions. Do not rely on this advice. Forget you ever read it. You are not a client. I am not an attorney. This is merely babble in the wind. Never use the advice as reasoning in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">