• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FTC and unordered merchandice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

ben

Hi I recieved a computer that I nevered ordered.The FTC states that unordered merchandice can be concidered as a free gift.
The computer company admitted sending it to me without my permission.
i sent them a copy of FTC info and now they want me to ship the computer back to them.
They even billed my credit card $ 2500.
Can I really keep it? and how do I stop the credit card company from sending me bills and late fees?
I have copies of all e-mails and snail mail returned reciepts.
Thanks in advance ; ben [email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ben:
Hi I recieved a computer that I nevered ordered.The FTC states that unordered merchandice can be concidered as a free gift.
The computer company admitted sending it to me without my permission.
i sent them a copy of FTC info and now they want me to ship the computer back to them.
They even billed my credit card $ 2500.
Can I really keep it? and how do I stop the credit card company from sending me bills and late fees?
I have copies of all e-mails and snail mail returned reciepts.
Thanks in advance ; ben [email protected]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You are absolutely correct. Yes, it's yours and don't fall for their crap. I love a good consumer and you've done all of the correct things !! Just look on the back of one of your credit card bills. There, you'll find instructions and phone numbers to dispute and stop a wrongful charge. How did they get your charge card number?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited March 15, 2000).]

B

ben

Well it’s a long story;
In November I went on Microns web site and examined their computers.
You can configure them any way you want. They have a program called (6 months same as cash). I called them to find out if I qualified. I did. Then a sales person called me and told me there was a 28-day backorder on the fastest Pentium chip. Since that was to late for Christmas I told her I wasn’t interested (A good excuse to get rid of her). She called back a few days later and I said (don’t call me I’ll call you) .I’m going to wait for the next fastest chip.
Then on Jan 3 while I was at work UPS delivered a computer to my house.
When I figured out what happened I sent them a nasty e-mail they sent me back a real nice apology and offered to pay the shipping charges for me to return it. I offered to keep it if they sold it to me as a used computer and configured it the way I want if I had actually ordered it. At which point they stopped returning my e-mails. So I called the FTC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">