• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leandra

In NJ,I slipped and fell on a wet bathroom floor at my job. At the time,I was wearing an arm strap for dislocation of left shoulder.There no "wet floor" sign at the bathroom door.I reported and filed an incident report, showed co-workers a bruise and scratch on my left upper arm. co-workers even commented on the skid marks left by shoes on the bathroom floore. The next day I went to my job's doctor, for a cervical strain. the same day I was called into the general manager's office with my supervisor, where he dmitted there was no sign, but that he had to "protect the interests" of the owner against workers compensation claims. Also,he had witnesses to say that I was constantly bumping or falling. I remembered another employee who had been fired after successfully suing for benefits, I decided to discontinue treatment with their doctors. Now the fall may exaserbated my earlier injury, which may result in surgergy. What liability does my employer has for payment of future medical bills? Do I have a case?

gorr34

Of course you have a case! Your employer is trying to scare you enough so that you wont make any claims! Talk to an L&I lawyer now! He/She probably wont charge a consultation fee...I've been harrased and intimanated by my employer also for a work related accident but i'm still there because I stood up for myself! Dont let them scare you or lie to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">