• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copyright music

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maui

I want to use copyrighted music in a video that eventually will be sold for profit. how can I get permission to use it? Do I need permission?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Yes you need to get permission from the copyright holder of the music since you are going to be taking their work, repacking it and selling it for a profit. You can simply write to the copyright holder (say for example, BMG Music) and inform them of your intended use. Ask them for the permission. They will write back and tell you what their terms are going to be. If you are serious about this endeavor, then you should consult with an intellectual property attorney near you. After all, if your project becomes a big money maker for you, you don't want to be paying the copyright holder more money then you need to. How much is too much is the question that your attorney will help you negotiate. You can find one at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

T

terrry

Attorney Mark Replogle -
Please see "Music Copyrights" topic posted Feb 10. We are planning to copy some music onto CD's that will NOT be sold but given as party favors. Is it still necessary to obtain permissions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">