• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why can't I be legally responsible for myself cause I am for my child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mama122899

Ok does this really make sence?
I live in NJ. I am legally responsible for my 18 month old son, I am 17, but I am not lagally responsible for myself. Is this true or is it really hearsay? I really need to know immediatly. I have graduated,,Does that count??HELP ME

G

Grandma B

From NJ statutes:

(quote)"Emancipated minor" means a person who is under 18 years of age, but who has been married, has entered military service, has a child or is pregnant, or has previously been declared by a court or an administrative agency to be emancipated.(unquote)

M

mama122899

Re: From NJ statutes:

Grandma B said:

(quote)"Emancipated minor" means a person who is under 18 years of age, but who has been married, has entered military service, has a child or is pregnant, or has previously been declared by a court or an administrative agency to be emancipated.(unquote)
Are you 100% sure?

G

Grandma B

I didn't type those words. I copied them out of the NJ statutes and posted them here.

At the top of this page is a link for state resources. If you click on it, then pick NJ, you can do a search. Use emancipated minor as search words.

You're very young to be on your own. Good luck!

M

mama122899

thank you

Thank you so much.really thank you. I have been on millions of web pages and asking millions of question(no replys). Thank you.
Now I know my son and I can have a better life. Thank you so much....

G

Grandma B

One reason you don't get replies. You have posted three times on this board and once on the child support/custody board. It would be better to keep your posts on one thread.

M

mama122899

the one on child support/custody was for a friend.I have posted three threads on here because to me this is a matter that needs to be approched asap because of the worsening conditions at my home. It is not a place where a child should live.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">