• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Birthcertificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mama122899

NJ
I have a 18 month old baby.There is no name on the BC. My fiance wants to put his name on it.How do we go about doin this?He has been there since I was 3 months pregnant and the bio Dad is nowhere to be found and made it clear he doesn't want the baby.Any advice?

K

KATLINE C

birth cirtificate

You just go the the vital stitistics and request the forms. The babys birth cirtificate can only be ammended once. If you want to change it again you have to go to court. My ex did this behind my back is the reason i know. Good luck

kel4377

re: child's name change

In regards to having the child's name changed, if both parents names are on the birth certificate, can the mother change the child's name without the fathers consent? My boyfriends daughters mother keeps telling him that she's getting their daughters last name changed to hers because she doesn't want him to have anything to do with her....simply because she's jealous that we're together. Please help!!!

M

mama122899

I think that both the parents have to give consent to have a child;s name changed. I'M NOT POSITIVE BUT IF SHE DOES want to change the baby's last name she will have to give a good reason why.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">