• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

JUST CURIOUS!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BAE

New Jersey
I was out on disability and had filed for workmens comp because I felt that my sickness was job related.The doctor I had at the time wouldn't agree with me,he was the company's doctor and he told me that my place of employment has to investigate first. However I was out of work for 3 months and didn't receive any payments from disability. With rent and bills getting behind I was forced to return to work against the doctors advice. I called Trenton regarding my benifits and was told that because my job has there own private insurance I have to go through them but they are suppose to pay me while they conduct there investigation. This never happened and my former job kept giving me the run around. By now I'm really stressed out and not in my right state of mind and they told me that the only way I could get the money that they owed me was if I put in writing that I don't wish to file for workmens comp at this time, and that I could at a later time and I did. Now it's 6 months later and I still haven't received any money. Mentally distrubed from the threats and everything that was happening to me I quit. Still under a doctor's care I went to a different doctor this time and he told me that my illness was work related,I have asthma and was inhaling fumes and abestos for 10 years coming through the vents.
Considering the situation and how it happened is there anything that I can do?
Just Curious!

gorr34

Consult a Lawer who specializes in Labor Law....if that does'nt work try an L&I Lawyer. Keep in mind that L&I lawyers generally dont charge a consultation fee but some labor law lawyers do!

[Edited by gorr34 on 06-30-2001 at 02:52 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">