• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

joint custody, domiciliary parent move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LAdad2001

My ex and I live in New Orleans, LA, and have joint custody of our two kids, 13 & 16 yrs old. My ex is the domiciliary parent, and I get the kids roughly one week out of four. She is contemplating a move to another state, at the behest of her employer. Can I prevent her from taking the kids? I can think of several ways to go at this, all expensive (neither of us is in a position to spend megabucks on lawyers). The simplest thing would be if the threat of some legal action which has a good chance of succeeding stopped her from moving.
I should add that she doesn't want to go, but is being pressured by her employer. If I can make a credible threat, it may give her the ammunition she needs to say no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">