• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

purrrringpassion

will my lisence be suspended!!:-(

i live in california and have almost had my lisence for 6 months. i just got caught going 54 in a 25 zone...right as i was pulling onto the road where my house is! i saw the police man and slowed down and he followed me, but didnt turn lights on so i wasnt sure he was trying to stop me, i eventually stopped and he gave me a ticket. He filed it immediatly and im going to court in a week. is there a possability that my lisence will be suspended???

C

cassiesno

Call your local DMV and ask. If your state is on a point system, your license would not be suspended for one speeding ticket unless the points taken for this offense exceed the number available per year (unlikely). You will feel the burn when your insurance company finds out--and for three years following their discovery of the offense. Slow your roll--54 in a 25 residential could kill a little kid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">