• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Religous harassment...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darwin86

I am 16 and live in Idaho. My friend was caught making prank calls from my house and said that I helped dial the calls and made suggestions even though I didn't talk. Unfortunatly he called some people who's son I made a threat to at school once before. They remember me but not my friend.

My question is, is it ok for a minor to leave the state to "visit/live" with another parent in Washington for the summer until school without getting in trouble in these circumstances or maybe will this case endup a misderminer charge? Also, this parent recently moved and there is no recorded mailing residence to send a summons to.

My friend told the police that he called because of their religion as an excuse. But now we might be charged with a felony because of that. However, the police said there might be a summons in the mail in a week to 2 months so I sceptical that its a felony because they are handed. Neither of us have criminal histories and my friend will more than likely plead guilty to everything except for the religious charge. There also is no evidence of the call being traced to my house in the first place although the victims beleive I am hacking their computer which isn't true and can't be proved. My friend gave away so alias that lead him to be caught.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">