• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help my son and his son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

of vega

California
My son has just got home from 1-1/2 years of abuse and battery. He had ran away about a year and a half ago with his girlfriend to her parents house. He was 16 at the time. We had desperately tried to get him back. We tried talking to him tried talking with her parents. Tried legal counsel, But my attorney stated that it was a waste of time and money. We went to where he was staying to visit, to see that he was ok. We talked with his girlfriend’s parents and we continued to allow him to stay up there. That same day he had told us that his girlfriend was pregnant. .. Meanwhile we had sort of trusted the girlfriend’s mother only to find out that she had been very dis-honest. To many things to mention. The mother of his girlfriend had continued to lie to us about all kinds of things. In an effort to see that my son would not leave her household and keep my son and his girlfriend together... and to make a long story short. My son had tried to make this all work out continued to go to school. Play football, worked to support the baby. It appeared that it was going to be ok.

So things were moving right along. My son was working had a pretty decent job at 8.75 an hour. Now 17, a father. We had gone to visit him on several occasions. Before the baby was born. Then when the baby was born we had visited. Again everything seemed to be ok. The parent of his girlfriend even got a bigger place to live. They already had 4 kids the 2 of them then my son and his son. We live in Los Angeles they live in San Jose.. On this last trip I had a little suspicion that there could be something going on. I talked to my son and he said things were fine. We went home and me and my ex-wife had a disagreement about what really was going on in that household we had just visited.

My suspicions were confirmed when finally my son had went to school and saw the school psychologist and started telling her all the bad things that were really going on in his life.. To tell her about what was going on in that household which he was living. Basically his girlfriends mother decided to take things in her own hands. She started and was really doing this all along to take over his life. She had been brainwashing him and started telling him things that would put him against us. (His parents) One of many examples is like this. His paycheck, the mother of his girlfriend and girlfriend would see to it that when he got paid. They were there to pick up the check from work.. He couldn’t even spend a dime. If he would not cooperate. He would be sent home to us. Constant harassment that if he would try to take $0.50 out of a paycheck to buy a soda. He would be in trouble. Threats were of the utmost my son loves his son. He was supporting him he has the right to see to it that at least he was the father if anything. He wanted things to work out. But they constantly threaten him. With if you don’t cooperate or else. Threats like if you tell your parents about things that went on. He wouldn’t see the baby ever again. The mother would stay up till 2:00 a.m. to argue about silly stuff as my son would put it even on a school night. Argue for days at a time. Basically my son did not even have a decent nights sleep in quite some time say 8 months. It seems as though the mother was his girlfriend not his girlfriend. Through all this his girlfriend would not even stick up for him. I know he asked for it by running away. But he did try to make things work. He really did. Should I file charges? Against his girlfriends mother. I feel this could be leverage. Cause my son wants full custody. He says that the environment is very unstable and that the mother has thrown things at my son with his baby in his arms. Pushed him with the baby in his arms we are very concerned… PLEASE HELP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">