• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle club members threatening me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bikerchick

Ohio: Just wondering what I can do to stop female members of a motorcycle club from threatening me. What can I do if they hit me? Can I sue the club to make them stop. The club does have bike runs for charity so I think they must be tax exempt therefore must have some responsibility for their actions.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Unless the beating you're going to get is "sanctioned" by the Club at their next Board Meeting by a majority vote of the members, then the Club is not liable. You must obtain a Restraining Order and / or sue the individual Club members who assaulted and battered you after you get out of the hospital.

Or, you can get on your bike and "splitsville" right now.

Good luck.

IAAL

B

Bikerchick

Thanks for responding...

Hi Liable.. I was hoping you'd answer.. I viewed some of your other replies and got a good chuckle out of them. You were really nice to me.. what gives.. Anyway, thanks for replying. Nah they won't have a vote on this. These girls just stand around and talk about what they're going to do to me.. But I've been available for more than a year and a half in their faces and they haven't done anything. So, can I get a restraining order before they beat on me? I can kick their butts.. not afraid of that and that's why they haven't pushed it.. I just don't want it to turn on me where they can sue me.. I hate to do it but I think my best option is to let them hit me and not hit them back. That way I believe I can bring criminal and civil charges against them. you know hit 'em where it hurts the most.. in the wallet..Hate to do it, not looking forward to getting hurt, but I have a lot to lose and most of them don't.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You have no idea how sexy your posts are ! What a "turn on" !

Chick fights are cool ! Clothes flying, hair pulling, and everything else.

Before you get to fighting, can you PLEASE put baby oil on, all over your body ?

Then, tell me when the festivities begin . . . I'M THERE !

IAAL

T

Third Party

Expanding on that...

I agree with IAAL. The club cannot be held responsible.

The threats you speak of is considered assult, for assult is "any word or action intended to make another person fearful or immediate physical harm; a reasonably believable threat".

If she hits you then it is considered battery which is "the unprivledged, intentional touching of another".

In Ohio, both are illegal and as they occur, call the police. You spoke that they all talk about what they are going to do to you. They would then all be assulting you. If the entire group is these women, meaning the entire club, then that can change things...

As far as you not hitting back, you are allowed to defend yourself. But in doing so if the attack is stopped and the offender backs away, do not pursue them for then you would become the attacker.

If it isnt necessary to be around them, then don't be.

Hope everything works out.

A$$ Saver aka…
Disclaimer:
I hope this is tidbit of fiction is helpful. I am not an attorney. Do not perceive this as legal advice. You should consult an attorney to answer your questions. Do not rely on this advice. Forget you ever read it. You are not a client. I am not an attorney. This is merely babble in the wind. Never use the advice as reasoning in court.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

We know, Third Party.

I would have gotten to that after BikerChick responded again.

Both of us like to have some fun on the Boards too, but you haven't been contributing to the boards long enough to have known that.

Thanks.

IAAL

B

Bikerchick

It's hard to stay away from them since we all ride.. I ride a lot.. They don't but I always see one or two wherever I'm at.. They're the type of club that rides from bar to bar to bar.. which I have been guilty of that's for sure, but I'm single so I get out way more than they do.. They mostly ride on the back of a guy's bike and I'm on my own bike. Do you agree though that the best physical defense would be no physical defense? I almost blew that the other night at a TED NUGENT concert.. One of these things started "talking" to me.. we both got pretty much heated up and I did smack her hand because I thought she was drawing back on me.. anyway, she shut up and I went on in to hear STRANGLEHOLD...At the time I was ignorant of the law. I got on the internet the next day and found out that if I was in a physical confrontation and I could prove they provoked the fight then I could win in criminal court, but if I hurt them I could be held liable for damages in civil court..it's a lose lose situation if I hit them back.. On the other hand if they hit me and I don't hit them then I can get them on criminal and civil charges.. hey liable.. every weekend there's a bike run some place and I try to make them all. That's where you'll find me and at least one or two of them.. ya never know.. I can get pretty fired up and I'm not sure I could not hit them.. I can get very very hot....Bring the oil...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bikerchick said:
I can get very very hot....Bring the oil...
My response:

You got it, baby !

Next time you're in SoCal, let me know . . . we'll do some mud wrasslin' . . . ooooooh !

Remember, with witnesses, you can defend yourself. The law does not require that you must be backed up against a wall. But, you cannot use greater force to fend off an attacker; e.g., if they pull out a switchblade, you can't use a gun. But, you can defend yourself. Try not to place yourself into the position of getting assaulted - - you have a duty of nonconfrontation, when possible. Move away, don't "eyeball" them. Stay away. Keep safe.

But, with me, I love getting punched around . . . just be gentle.

Good luck kidlet !

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">