• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled over without insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

David Beer

I was pulled over in California driving my friend's car ( I do not own a car nor have car insurance) because his registration was expired. I was cited for driving without insurance because I could not find his insurance card and expired registration. The car is insured however I am not. The officer told me if I show that the car is insured and that my friend has taken the steps to register his car I should be okay with having the tickets waived. I am confused though, will I still have to pay a ticket since I was driving and I am not insured even if the car was?

D

don62

The insurance is for the car. You need to show his proof of insurance on the car. You don't need insurance on you as a driver.

D

David Beer

I believe that is right, and thank you for your response

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">