• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

School Contract.....HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jason1971

I'm enrolled in a private school. The course I am taking is 11 months long. There are approximately 15 courses within this time period. Because the learning method is individualized, each person takes a different time completing the program. I will be graduating about 3 months behind schedule, simply because I am having a difficult time grasping the material. I was just told that I will have to pay over $11 an hour if I pass my graduation date. This was not specified in the contract I signed a year ago. Only the program end date was specified. The administration rep. only stressed that if I completed the program early, I could take more courses. No one said that there would be an additional fee if I fail to graduate on time. Is this legal for the school to do this?? Please help me!! I am a very poor student who can not afford any more tuition. I'm already in the hole for $14,000. Thank you very much for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">