• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requested Discovery - Wasn't Given All Info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nicon

Belows is what I requested, but I didn't get everything that I asked for. I only got a 4 sheets of paper...a copy of the TICKET, a copy of the SERVICE REPORT of the SMD, a copy of the CERTIFICATE CONCERNING DESIGN/CONSTRUCTION of the SMD, and a copy of the OFFICER REPORT, which isn't signed or has any mention of the person who wrote the report anywhere on the copy and it's not even dated. I can't build my case if I don't have anything to work with.

So what do I do now? What steps do I take? Do I just wait till my court date and tell the JUDGE what happened and motion for DISMISSAL since the court didn't provided with all that I've asked for? Or do I make another written request for discovery to the court house asking for what I didn't get?

WHAT I REQUESTED:
I requested for discovery of the officer's:

-daily log/notes for the day that the violation allegedly occurred.

-Officer's training records that pertain to his/her instruction and continuing certification of traffic speed enforcement and to the use of the speed detection device that was used to ascertain the speed of the vehicle described in the citation.

-Also both sides of the ticket, maintenaces and cert. records of the SMD used.

-All certificates of calibartion for the tuning forks used for the calibration used in the case.

-A copy of the FCC that authorized the issuing police agency and operator of the speed measuring device to lawfully operate the device on a specific frequency and / or rance of frequencies.

-Also Certification that the SMD was included in the IACP Consumer Product List and the SMD met or exceeded the NHTSA and NIST model specifcation on the date of the alleged incident.

-And all info. regarding the signage of the area in which the infraction was alleged to have occured showing that it was properly signed pursuant to RCW 46.61.

C

cavaldes

I'm not a lawyer but I've been fighting a ticket and my discovery request was ignored. But my FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST wasn't ignored! I received everything I asked for.

I would check to see if your state has a Freedom of Information Act or similar law and go that route.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">