• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

really messed up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pucc

in a small town in connecticut my son was issued a summons for criminal mischeif. a person signed a police statement saying he witnessed my son destroying property on a certian day when in fact the distruction was not done until two days after that date. my son was in the area two days prior of the distruction and this person is asumming he did it and told the police it happened that day my son was there. there are many people including myself that know this crime did not accure on the date the wittnes is stating, and know my son did not commit the crime two days later. the police report states my son was interviewed and the report is dated and signed by the officer on the date the witness says the crime accured but the officer did not question him until the crime was really commited two days later. the statement from the wittness is also dated two days later. do police officers sign and date their reports the day they get a complaint before they are done investigating the case and getting statements from witnesses? how do i prove my son is not guilty when the court is looking at a signed statement from an eyewitness, but over looking the fact that the dates are incorrect? my son has a case pending for youthful offender which he is guilty and with this charge against him he may no longer qualify and will have a record. please help! he's a good kid that made a wrong decision and willing to pay for that, but not for something he did not do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">