• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

B+E

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

surferdude

I live in Vermont but incident occurred in Mass.
Girlfriend and I exchanged keys to our respective abodes 9 months ago. Have in the past gone in to her house (In Mass.) to leave her a surprise present (X-mas,etc.) for when she returned home from work.
Last week, went in with flowers and card while she was at work (used my key) and found pictures of her with another man she took to a wedding (told me she was going alone) (this guy is a mutual friend of ours). Set one of these pictures with one of us side by side on her counter and then left without damaging anything (but I didn't leave the flowers!). She came to my house later ranting and raving. I gave her back her key. She gave me back mine. I said it was over,your free to do whatever you want.
24 hours later I was served a restraining order.
Her police dept. is "investigating" incident to possibly charge me with breaking and entering/unlawful entry.
In my opinion it was implied consent to enter by having key and being told I was welcome there anytime.
Could I be arrested and charged with a crime?
Could I go to jail?
Hearing for TRO is next week. Does that stay on record?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">