• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PENALTY FOR STEALING GOOD CRIME

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HOANG NGUYEN

One adult was caught by stealing $40 good on June 28, 2001 and that was the first time in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Right now she is waiting for hearing date. Could you please tell me should she hire a lawyer for this case. How bad penalty? the police wrote the max for penalty is "$500 and or 18 months in jail" Will that crime record in her record, if so what she has to do to avoid that record.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HOANG NGUYEN said:
One adult was caught by stealing $40 good on June 28, 2001 and that was the first time in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Right now she is waiting for hearing date. Could you please tell me should she hire a lawyer for this case. How bad penalty? the police wrote the max for penalty is "$500 and or 18 months in jail" Will that crime record in her record, if so what she has to do to avoid that record.
My response:

Whenever someone's Liberty is at stake, and there is a possibility of going to jail, an attorney is always advisable.

The only way that she won't have a permanent criminal record (assuming she is an adult), is if she is found innocent.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">