• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling under false pretenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

preludecaw

I went to purchase a cap(cover for truck) for my pickup truck. I went to a Leer dealer and ordered a certain model and put down $400 for a deposit. Almost 7 weeks had gone by at which point I contacted Leer headquaters and asked how long it should take. They informed me that the place I ordered from was no longer a dealer and in fact he has not been a dealer since Dec 1999, and I placed my order on 2/7/00! When I had gone to his shop he gave me a Leer catalog and the sales reciept even states Leer and then the specific model. He had cashed my check already, so I immediately went back to him and demanded my cash back. He did return my $400, and when I asked him exactly what he was going to give me, he told me a Astro, which is just another brand of caps. Right now I am just really angry and wish I could really give him what he deserves, I don't think there is too much I can do since I did recieve my cash back. However he has a sign outside his shop stating he is a Leer dealer and his business card has Leer on it too. I am going to contact the better business bureau and also contact Leer and Astro to inform them of what is going on with this jerk. Just looking for any more suggestions if anyone has anything I have not thought of. I just want him not to do this to anyone else and be tought a lesson about doing better business and not beeing a con man. Thanks, Chris A Wessner

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">