• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

securities law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alan

can a stock transfer declare the underlying stock as unclaimed property if the dividends come back to them unclaimed?

ALawyer

AFTER A SET PERIOD OF TIME, AS DETERMINED BY YOU STATE'S ESCHEAT LAWS, IT MUST.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

A

Alan

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ALawyer:
AFTER A SET PERIOD OF TIME, AS DETERMINED BY YOU STATE'S ESCHEAT LAWS, IT MUST.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So you're saying after a set period of time, the stock and transfer company must declare the underlying stock as unclaimed? How can they do that if they don't hold the stock certificates?
Also, if that's so that they are able to somehow declare the stock unclaimed, what if they send the stock to the wrong state and that state sells it, i.e., the original stock certificate had one state address on it but the stock was sent to another state, does that at all hold the stock and transfer company liable to replace the sold stock?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">