• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued in civil court

• Thread starter tryingtoturnlifearound
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tryingtoturnlifearound

TX

I was involved in a fight and was charged with assault. I received probation and now the other party is trying to sue me in civil court for damages. As part of my probation, I was required to pay for their medical bills, but now they are trying to sue me for loss of wages, loss of livlihood, and punitive damages. I know the person is just fine now and can still work even though they claim they will be unable to for the rest of their natural life. I don't have any money, no job, and no way to pay for any damages or even a lawyer. I think any judgement against me can be deferred until I have a job or any assets. I made a huge mistake in getting involved in the fight and am trying so hard to turn my life around. I am afraid this one mistake could haunt me the rest of my life. Does anyone know I can do or what options I have? Please help!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">