• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beth697

i live in connecticut. i just have a question about the statutory rape law here. what is the age for guys and girls for it to be statutory rape and is it the same for both guys and girls?

L

larryf5

I hope this helps!

beth697 said:
i live in connecticut. i just have a question about the statutory rape law here. what is the age for guys and girls for it to be statutory rape and is it the same for both guys and girls?
Hi.

I'm replying to you because of the statutory rape, I'm not a lawyer, but I was a victim of this particular crime.

The Florida statutes on statutory rape is, having sexual contact with a minor, 12 yrs or older but under 16 yrs old (male or female) the adult is 18 yrs or older but under 24 yrs consensual or not is punishable of second degree felony with a three year statute of limitations.

This is what I found in FL statutes, in Connecticut it may differ but it should still fall somewhere similar.

I'd recommend seeking legal assistance for more accurate results.

Larry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">