• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

QDRO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

swampler

since i have remarried and i want to withdraw the 401K QDRO from my former marriage, do i legally need to have my new husband sign the withdrawal form and is he entitled to any of it. state of indiana

D

dorenephilpot

You want to withdraw the money from your 401K?

If so, you need to talk to the plan administrator, who can help you w/the proper forms and such.

Keep in mind that there will be BIG penalties and interest to pay unless you're of retirement age.

Legally, you don't have to get "permission" from your current spouse to do the withdrawal, but if you split up soon afterwards, then the withdrawal might be considered to be dissipation of marital assets, and you might have to pay him back half of it.

I would need to know more information about your situation.

Hope this helps!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">