• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Contractor for Tutoring Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tutorbiz

I am interested in starting a tutoring business. After 7 years of teaching high school math I had it! For the past 2 years I have been tutoring students in my area (Utah). Now I am overwhelmed with students and would like to start a at your home one-to-one tutoring business. I understand that if I hire Independent Contractor (teachers) both I and the teachers can appreciate tax breaks. Does anyone out there
have an understanding of what my contract to my teachers should look like? Also, I am interested in keeping my students true to me. I've developed contracts used between me and them but now I'm in a situation whereas I'd like the comfort of holding onto these clients with a binding contract. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated!! Thank You!!

ALawyer

Speak to someone who knows how to start a tutoring busines first -- getting parents of students to sign a binding contract in advance may not be effective overall if it would discourage them from signing up in the first place.

If you are talking about getting the other teachers to sign, you are really talking about non-compete contracts and a local lawyer should help you prepare one consistent with your state's laws. And ask an accountant about the independent contractor thing -- long term it won't work, but perhaps for the short term....

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">