• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket from 1994

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MinRNBSN

I received a notice to appear in court for a ticket I apparently received in 1994 in New Jersey. It is a moving violation and it is for 4 points. I already went once to court regarding this ticket. I explained I do not remember getting this ticket, they were going to try and locate the officer who issued it. I am now supposed to go to court tommorrow morning for this again. what are my rights? i dont even recall getting this ticket, yet alone having a check to prove i did. I was living out of the state at the time, in college, although my license did say i lived in new jersey. can you help? please,,,

R

Risana

me, too

I have nearly the same situation in Mason, Michigan. The ticket is from two years ago and was issued while I was out of the state. I couldn't possibly have been issued the ticket. Giving it some thought, I've concluded that one of my roommates at the time must have found a license I thought I'd lost and borrowed my car. She resembled me very much and often used my ID to get into bars (without my consent. She was not my roommate for long). I've called and was told that I have to send in a $70 bond and a letter of explanation in the hopes of having the judgement set aside and a court date set. Well, I no longer live in that city and it will cost me that much just to get there. Is there a limitation?

Thanks, Risana

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">